Dr. Rachael Mahmood is an engaging and activational speaker/facilitator on topics related to equity in education, including: culturally relevant instruction, culturally responsive teaching, implicit bias, minority parent involvement, and multicultural curriculum.
- Ed.D, Northern Illinois University, in Teaching, Learning, Curriculum and Instruction, with a focus on culturally relevant instruction
- M.Ed, Elmhurst College, in Teacher Leadership.
- Micro-credential in Equity Mindset, Illinois State University
- Micro-credential in Culturally Responsive Curriculum, Illinois State University
- Reading Teacher Leader Endorsement
- B.Ed, Benedictine University, in Elementary Ed. and Psychology
- Middle School Endorsement English and Social Science
- Five Years Early Childhood Teaching.
- Seventeen Years Elementary School Teaching.
- Worked in Title 1 Schools recognized for cultural and socio-economic diversity.
- Using culturally responsive teaching, 90+% of my class typically earns a student growth percentile (SGP) over 70% on state tests; 0% under 40%.
- School Professional Development Presenter
- Institute Day Presenter
- Parent Meeting Presenter
- New and Pre-Service Teacher Trainer
- World Café/ Dialogue Circle Facilitator
- University Course Guest Presenter
- Webinar Presenter
- Curriculum Writer
- Educational Equity Consultant
- Learning for Justice Formerly Teaching Tolerance- Guest Writer
- Educator’s Room- Guest Writer
- Education Post- Guest Writer
- Green Schools Network- Guest Writer
- Published Dissertation – ProQuest
Awards and Recognitions
- Teaching Tolerance-National Award for Teaching Excellence- Semi-Finalist 2020
- Chicago Tribune, Naperville Sun Teacher Feature January 2020
- Distinguished Alumni Semi Finalist, Elmhurst University
Curriculum Writing Experience
- Ali and King: Champions of Civic Justice Educators’ Toolkit, Illinois Muslim Civic Coalition
- Educators’ Resource Guide on the Contributions and History of American Muslims, Illinois Muslim Civic Coalition
- Professional Development Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Curriculum , PD Personalized
- Math Curriculum, Preptoon
- Illinois Muslim Civic Coalition, Educational Task Force Chair
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice, Brain Trust
- Indian Prairie School District, 204, IL Parent Diversity Advisory Council, Leadership Team
- Indian Prairie School District 204, IL, Equity Ambassador